Good News: Doctors Are Seeing Patients Again!
Arizona’s COVID-19 restrictions are lifting. Doctors, surgery centers and other health facilities are open for appointments.
Vella Hand Surgery is now open to see all patients, including those in need of elective surgery. We are employing enhanced patient precautions, effective May 1st to allow for a safe transition.
As we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic together, we are developing new protocols with your safety and convenience in mind. To protect the safety of our patients & staff, and in accordance with new local regulations surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, Vella Hand Surgery has implemented the following guidelines:
- Our staff will be prescreening patients prior to entering our facilities. This includes both a phone call prior to your appointment and screening at the facility. Patients with a temperature at or above 99.6 degrees F will not be permitted to enter at this time.
- If a patient is driven to their appointment or accompanied by a family/friend, those person(s) will be required to wait outside. A member of our staff will walk the patient to their ride after the appointment if needed.
If you have concerns or questions, please call us at 602-393-4263.
At Dr. Vella’s office, it is recommended that patients wear a mask or facial covering over their nose and mouth.
At the Surgery Center patients and family are required to wear a mask or facial covering over their nose and mouth. Limited exceptions include:
- Anyone who has trouble breathing
- Anyone that would be unable to remove their mask without assistance
Thank you for understanding and for helping keep our patients and employees safe.
- High touch surfaces like tables, countertops and desks will be cleaned throughout the day and at night.
- Surgery and patient rooms in the clinic will be cleaned in-between each patient visit with an EPA-registered disinfectant.
- Carpets and floors will be cleaned each evening or in the event of a spill as it occurs.
- All surgery equipment is cleaned after each use.
We’re keeping Arizonians safe at home with virtual care. You can receive the same quality care from Dr. Vella during a telemedicine visit using your phone or computer. Click this button to learn more about virtual care and how to schedule an appointment.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
We are committed to helping you stay safe while getting the care you need during this difficult time. Our website and social media will continue to be updated with any new policies that will affect the care we are able to provide our patients.
While we can’t predict what the upcoming weeks will bring as begin to open up the Arizona and national economies, my staff and I are here to provide the care you need. Please be safe and together we will help our community rise up and recover.
Josh C. Vella, MD
VELLA HAND SURGERY
Double Board Certified: Orthopedics and Hand Surgery